Development Manager- Hands-on
We are looking for a talented, visionary developer with management skills to join us at this critical point of our start-up life. Someone who will join us in founding our in-house tech team and scaling our system. If you are looking for the opportunity to grow and create something you can call your own, we are it.
Nevvon delivers a modern, web-based data-driven platform, that helps caregiver agencies manage training programs and track progress through a customized experience integrating all necessary touch-points.
We are looking for a motivated Engineer (preferably full-stack) to found our in house small (2-5 employees) development team. This engineer will also take active part in developing the system and will be an integral part of the team (this is a HANDS-ON position 🙂 )
In this role, you will be responsible for bringing the code in-house while recruiting an in-house team.
You will have the opportunity to grow rapidly in a fast-paced, young organization.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Assume ownership and responsibility of the end to end software development cycle.
- Engage with relevant parties (product, COO, 3rd party software teams) to define and plan the development of principal platform components.
- Meeting with the software development team to define the scope and scale of software projects.
- Looking back and assisting in the system architecture design.
- Contributing to the design and implementation of scalable web services, applications and APIs.
- Developing and maintaining internal software tools.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering or Computer Science.
- Proficiency with web-based backend software development, including one of Java / Scala / Node.js / PHP / .NET / Python
- Experienced with SQL database systems and MySQL in particular.
- Team player with good communication skills, and fun to work with.
- High-level project management skills.