Website Designer (Temporary position- 2-4 months)
We are seeking a WordPress Designer responsible for both back-end and front-end development to redesign our existing website. This position requires a combination of programming skills and aesthetics (understanding element arrangements on the screen, the color and font choices, while abiding by the company’s brand book). The candidate should have a strong understanding of industry trends and content management systems. Experience with the responsive and adaptive design is strongly preferred. Also, an understanding of the entire web development process, including design, development, and deployment is preferred.
- Designing and implementing new features and functionality
- Establishing and guiding the website’s architecture
- Ensuring high-performance and availability, and managing all technical aspects of the CMS
- Helping formulate an effective, responsive design and turning it into a working theme and plugin.
- Integrations with other softwares for optimal workflows
- Social media adaptation to the new look and feel of the website- optional
- Adapting marketing materials to the new look and feel of the website- optional
Skills and Qualifications
- Experience building user interfaces for websites and/or web applications
- Experience designing and developing responsive design websites
- Ability to understand CSS changes and their ramifications to ensure consistent style across platforms and browsers
- Ability to convert comprehensive layout and wireframes into working HTML pages
- Strong understanding of WordPress back-end development